I came across John on Saturday afternoon when I really should have been doing something else, like working. Nice face, long hair, hippyish.
'Do you question life and how you can make life on earth better? Do you love things about your life that make you so happy you want to share them? Are you passionate about the things that you love or love doing? Have you got so many things you want to do but there isn't enough time to do everything? If you say yes to them all, let's meet and discuss. Namaste'
Yes, yes and yes!
We match immediately, which means he must have already 'liked' me before I found him, and he starts the conversation. We have a friend in common, but that friend is so distant from me the chance of her knowing about this blog is slim so I didn't feel the need to change his name. She does know that we've come into contact now anyway, as he told her. They work together. We chat lightly about Hawkwind, Motorhead (Fast Eddie Clarke had just passed away), camper vans (another great talking point as well as the tattoos), festivals, veganism, smoking, then tattoos.
Him: Is the tattoo on your back? It has a labyrinth in it too!
Me: It does! Well spotted.
Him: I've built a labyrinth as well as a stone circle at Brockholes, Preston, the wildlife trust nature reserve
At this point it all gets a bit choirs of angels and deep connections across the aeons. I tell him I'm a witch (I'm not strictly, but its a close enough description), he tells me he's a druid, and we start making plans to meet as this is all sounding too good!
The main issue is that he lives near Preston, I live in Wrexham, and we have lives. Sunday is looking good for both of us. I get back onto Whatshalfway.com and find that the midpoint for us is Warrington. Hardly the most inspiring town in the North West! I start looking at places to go walking. I think Norton Priory looks interesting, but the best bit, the Walled Garden, is closed until March. He suggests the museum, but it's not open on Sundays. The course of true love never did run smooth.
The conversation moves to texting, and pretty much goes on for most of Saturday evening. I discover that as well as being a 'proper' grown-up and having a car and all, he also rides a motorbike! A Honda Shadow 600. Oh, be still my beating heart, this is sounding better and better every day!
The conversation continues on Sunday, and all week. He passes the LGBT test, of course, I would have been very surprised if he hadn't, and the animals test, the Flannelette Pyjama test (oh, yeah, that's a thing too. Will explain at a later date), the Faerie test, the Leave or Remain test, the Theatre test, all of it, in fact. And then we discover that we were both studying in Liverpool at the same time in the early 80s! The chances of us having been at the same Here & Now gigs are extremely high. On paper/cellphone screen, this guy is perfect. Now we just have to get past the face-to-face part.
As Sunday is starting to look like a no-goer, we change the plan and settle for dinner in Liverpool. He can get the train down from Preston, I can drive to the Wirral and travel across by train from there.
At time of writing, we are meeting tonight at 6.30 at Lime Street Station. Watch this space, and wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment